Amla which is also known as Indian Gooseberry is very popular for its health benefits as it has medicinal properties. Amla is useful in fighting many health-related issues. Diabetes is one of them. Yes, you read it right. We are saying that amla can help people with diabetes lower their blood sugar very easily with the help of the right consumption of Amla.
Well, it, on the one hand, boosts one’s immunity and on the other hand, it prevents the extra buildup of glucose in your body after 2 hours of eating any meal. That’s why it is also known as anti-diabetic. If you include it in your diet on regular basis, then you have very positive results.
Diabetes over time has become a very common health problem and it is a consequence of modern lifestyle. Nowadays every next person is overweight and this even makes the problem worse. Insulin production is not adequate in the human body due to which we have to suffer from high blood sugar as extra sugar is not absorbed and used in the form of fuel by the body in lack of insulin production.
Of course, we don’t say that by eating Amla, you will get rid of the diabetes disease completely. But yes you can definitely bring your sugar levels down which is really not an easy task. You need a proper diet for managing your blood sugar and along with that you even have to use some other remedies which can help you in the same regard. Absolutely it is one of them.
Benefits of Amla for Diabetes Patients
We constantly want to acquaint you with the knowledge through which we can help you the best. We understand how difficult it is to be with the disease of diabetes. The restrictions are more and you cannot lead your life the way you want. Believe us with time, diabetes gets worse if neglected and this is the only reason that we keep putting the best remedies available for this disease. Diabetes is all about lifestyle problems and it can only improve if you make changes in your lifestyle.
When we talk about lifestyle, it also means the kind of diet we consume because that makes the whole difference. In order to reduce your blood sugar ranges, you need to surely make changes in your diet because whatever you eat contributes to the glucose level in your body. Today we are talking about Amla which can keep the sugar level steady in your body. Amla is a cure to many other health-related problems according to health experts. But you mustn’t know that it could be helpful in diabetes disease also.
Let’s talk further about how amla can be very helpful for Diabetics:
- You know very well that pancreatic issues develop the problem of insulin resistance in our body when we suffer from diabetes. But Amla is known to be a remedy to pancreatitis. Thus, insulin production is improved in your body when you consume Amla on a regular basis. Of course, when the pancreas is able to fulfill the need for insulin production in our body, we don’t have extra sugar entering the bloodstream as it is converted into energy.
- Amla also improves our metabolism which is another bigger problem for patients with diabetes. This happens because the body becomes insensitive to insulin and does not respond to it. This further spikes the blood sugar in our bodies. But amla contains chromium which a mineral. This mineral can improve our metabolism.
- It has a powerful antioxidant that keeps diabetes in control. This antioxidant in amla can also reverse diabetes conditions as it makes the glucose steady in your body. There is no damage done by oxidation when you consume amla on regular basis. Amla contains polyphenols that have properties, which are known to protect our body from oxidative stress caused by high blood sugar.
- Weight gain is a usual problem in diabetics, but if you eat amla regularly, you can maintain the right weight very easily. Amla does not have many calories, so you don’t add calories to your diet on its consumption. It improves the problem of insulin resistance that generally increases because of weight gain.
- Amla has polyphenols that protect the human body from any kind of oxidation which is generally the result of high blood sugar levels in our body.
How to use Amla to improve Blood Sugar?
Amla or Indian Gooseberry is available in different forms. It is available in the raw form. You can even get dry amla or its powder. Not only this, but people even make pickle out of it.
But we will tell you the best way to have it with the problem of diabetes. Diabetes sufferers must drink the juice of Amla. This can have a positive impact on the health of diabetics. But make sure that you drink it every morning.
The other way of consuming it could be that you sprinkle it on your food like salt. It will add some flavor to your food as well as add nutrition to it. This will definitely do wonders in the problem of high blood sugar in Type 2 diabetes patients.
Amla and Ayurveda
Ayurveda trusts in this medicinal fruit very much. It even includes it with many herbs to overcome skin and hair related problems. For weight loss also amla is very good. It is very rich in Vitamin C and many other minerals which are very essential for one’s body. It is good for our overall health. Like it is very helpful in managing the blood sugar ranges very well.
Consult the Doctor:
Whatever we suggest you here on our website is brought to you for your convenience, but we don’t challenge the knowledge of your doctor because your doctor knows your case the best. So before you want to include amla in your diet, just talk about it with your doctor once. Sometimes when you eat amla with medicine, there is a chance of a sudden drop in your blood sugar levels.