Bitter gourd (bitter melon) is a herb that can be used to control diabetes naturally. This is why karela is famous worldwide for the treatment of diabetes mellitus. Bitter gourd is known biologically as Momordia charantia. Karela is eaten like a vegetable, it is very beneficial; This is why bitter gourd is considered a boon for mankind. Due to its miraculous properties, it is considered one of the best herbs on this planet. Bitter gourd herb is very beneficial not only in diabetes mellitus but also in many other disorders that disturb mankind. Bitter gourd is so helpful that it not only gives relief to the patients suffering from many types of diseases but also cures any disease to a great extent.
Where Karela is found and how it is used
Surprisingly, this wonderful herb is commonly found everywhere in India. It is usually found in places that are moist and wet. It is a vine and it grows with the help of other trees. People use bitter gourd in different ways. It is usually peeled and eaten, but some people in India also know how to use its outer layer.
Composition of Karela
Bitter gourd is of hot semen (Ushn virya) nature, it possesses qualities like light (laghu) and dry (ruksh). It includes tikta and bitter juice. The combination of these qualities makes it a magical herb in the real. It is due to the combination of these qualities that it acts like a magic wand, by which many diseases can be eradicated. The bitter components of bitter gourd are lectin, charatin and momordicin. It also contains a polypeptide called gurmarin, similar to insulin in composition. It has often been found that regular use of bitter gourd gives very good results in diseases like diabetes.
Properties of bitter gourd
- One very strange quality of bitter gourd is that it suppresses phlegm and bile and also due to its ushan virya potency it does not allow vata to increase.
- This herb is widely used in the treatment of diabetes mellitus because it has an action similar to insulin which causes glucose metabolism.
- Helps stimulates the pancreas to work and secretes all secretions properly.
- Bile helps to stimulate the liver for proper secretion of juice.
- It helps in easy digestion of food as it promotes secretion of digestive enzymes.
- Helps in assimilating food well.
- Works as an appetizer.
- It is very useful in constipated stools and disease like hemorrhoids, fissures and fistulas.
- Works as a dorming agent, thus helping to destroy the worms present in our gastro-intestinal tract.
- Its property destroys the toxin called amine produced in the body due to non-recommended lifestyle and wrong eating.
- It is a very good blood purifier as it contains tick and buck wheat juice which helps to purify the blood and protect us from infections from microorganisms and toxins that are present there.
- Due to its functions, it is commonly used in skin diseases especially it is used to cure acne and dark spots on the face.
- It acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and thus helps in reducing any type of edema present on the body.
- Good results have been seen in patients suffering from chronic cough as it has expectorant properties and helps to release sputum that has accumulated in the respiratory tract and lungs. It is believed that asthma patients get very good relief if taken regularly.
- It is a very useful remedy in pyrexia of unknown origin.
- Works as a highly recommended herb in patients suffering from obesity and metabolic disorders.
- Works as a female tonic which helps in menstrual disorders and female genital tract problems.
- It also helps in secretion of milk after pregnancy.
- Its external application is very effective in healing wounds due to its anti-bacterial properties.
- It is used to prevent excess blood flow from the injured area.
- External application on any type of skin disease is very helpful due to its antimicrobial action.
- It is used on the external biliary mass due to its pain relieving and inflammatory reducing properties.